Monday, June 30, 2008

On the subject of Moderation

"That request came from his wife."
  - Excerpt of opening narration from "The Odd Couple"

It has been brought to my attention that I spend too much time with my laptop and my television. True enough. I work in television and I work on a computer.

When I get home, I usually am sitting in front of the television, as I am now, with the laptop in my lap typing some e-mail, or blogging, or just aimlessly surfing or Facebooking.

The other day, my better half pointed out that I spend all my days at work in front of a screen, then I come home and do the same thing. True enough.

So while my daily blogging will continue, I will be keeping an eye on my screen time. The sun is shining these days. My waistline is getting a little too big. My kids want to play. 

Getting lost in cyberspace is a fun journey, but everything in moderation.

So if the posts are not as long, if I am not always online in Facebook, if I don't immediately answer e-mail, it doesn't mean I am gone... it just means I am moderating.

Good night, hitting sleep mode.

Yours truly,
Johnny Blogger

2 comments:

little ms. notetaker said...

Moderation is good. Enjoying the summer is better--plus it will be good fodder for future blog posts.

Enjoy the sunshine!

Unknown said...

Hahaha, you sound just like Stu and me, except we're BOTH on computers when we get home. He's doing his racing, and I'm doing my blogging.

But now that I work overnights and he works mostly days, we take a break to have dinner before I go to bed. Then, he has all night to hang with his cyberfriends. :)