Tuesday, June 10, 2008

On the subject of Timing

"Life is about timing." - Carl Lewis

Easy for one of the world's fastest men to say, but hard for the rest of us.

I bought an iPhone last year. I paid 400 bucks for it. I love it, but will I still love it tomorrow.

Life is about timing.

My Dad always told me about his house, "this is a beautiful house, and with real estate what it is, I hope it can leave you something nice someday." He said that two years ago when real estate was still good.

Life is about timing.

I bought an SUV last fall. 

Life is about timing.

I finally got involved in team sports again last year. The last time I played on a team, I weighed 175, now I am 250. One guy, when describing my new found talents said I was the first guy he ever saw that could stretch a home run into a triple. I play Softball now every Wednesday.

Life is about timing.

Just when I spent some of the greatest times of my life with a great group of people in a Tuesday night class, they move the class to Wednesdays.

Life is about timing.

My wife and I are going on a special date on Friday at a very fancy hotel. She has spent the last two nights working until 245 AM and 5:45 AM respectively, and will be doing the same tonight. You suppose she is going to be a little tired on Friday?

Life is about timing.

I am writing this on just a couple of hours sleep myself. 

Life is about timing.

Good morning, Honey!

Yours truly,
Johnny Blogger

No comments: