Sunday, June 1, 2008

On the subject of middle aged crushes.

Yesterday, I told my wife that I was not going to push her to read my daily entry on my blog. I said, "Honey, if you want to know what I am writing, feel free to log in and see."

That may be put to the test with the thoughts I am sharing with you today.

I have a crush on Kristen Wiig.

I don't have any idea about her personal life. If she asked me too, I wouldn't go have an affair with her. However, she does one simple thing to me that really, REALLY turns me on. She makes me laugh.

Now I love my wife more than anything or anyone in the world, but she has to be a serious person most of the time. She is a full time student in a very demanding program. She is the mother of two sometimes very demanding children. She has very little time to laugh.

When she does, she becomes very attractive to me all over again. When the cloud of real life lifts and I see her smile, she is a brick house. When she laughs genuinely (not a pitty laugh) at something I say or do, I am just ready to jump her bones and kiss her endlessly.

On Saturday nights, I share my bed with two women. My wonderful wife and Kristen. When the Target lady finds that elusive handbag, I get tingly with glee. When Penelope shows up at a party, (I knew Kristen Wiig before anyone else as I was one of the three people who actually watched the Joe Schmo Show - "you now have to leave the lap of luxury and go back to your meaningless life working for the man.") there are emotions that just come over me. When the deep voiced Cougar arrived on the screen, I wanted to be 20 again to be pounced on. When, I'm just kidding, the nervous, I'm not nervous, just kidding, Weekend Update contributor Judy Grimes, just kidding, looks into my eyes through, her eyes were looking, just kidding, just kidding, just kidding, I feel like I am going to lose it, just kidding, just kidding. Palomino! To me, she's just Gold!

At the end of the night, the one I do kiss is my wife, when we both have the energy to achieve the actual kiss. Life has been pretty exhausting for her, and she has lost her smile. I know it's there, and she will find it again. That will be the time when I can "leave my crush" and "go back to my honey," because her smile and laugh trumps anything I will ever see on TV.

When it all comes down to it, we may have many crushes in our lives, but only one true love. I, luckily, have found mine.

Oh darn, I have to go take my son to a movie, so I can't continue on the subject of my man crush, George Clooney. See! My wife and I DO have something in common!

yours truly,
Johnny Blogger

No comments: