Tuesday, July 1, 2008

On the subject of 10 Karaoke Songs

Just 29 days away from the Summertime Improvtastic Karaoke Spectacular and I am starting to think about the songs I want to do.

For those of you popping in from around cyberspace, the event is the second time that a group of improv students, improv professionals, and just plain performing types are joining together for a night of mayhem that will include Karaoke, improvised dances, and other great stuff.

So with that in mind, my top 10 choices for songs I would like to do, and hope they have in the catalog!

1. "Grace Kelly" or "Big Girls" by Mika - This is a long shot, but it would be the "Rehab" performance of the night.

2. "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse - because I have new choreography.

3. "Word Up" by Cameo - Awwwoooww!

4. "Beautiful" by Christina Agiulera - I love this song, and it is so true.

5. "Angels" by Robbie Williams

6. Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees - this may be the dare song of the night following up the performance of Michael McDonald/Doobie Brothers "What a Fool Believes."

7. "Sex Machine" by James Brown - Get down with my bad self!

8. "Reflex" by Duran Duran - Do I need to wear Parachute Pants to perform this one?

9. "December 1963 (Oh, What a Night) by Four Seasons - one of the greatest songs of all time.

10. "Beauty School Dropout" by Frankie Valli - but only if Sandy is in the house.

If you are in the Seattle area on July 30th, come join us. Details on Facebook - search "Improvtastic"

And feel free to list your own favorites in the comments!

Thank you and Good Night!

Yours truly,
Johnny Blogger



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Choreography? If I sign up to sing, do I have to *dance* too?

Hmm..... I need to rethink this.

But I'll be happy to join everyone in cheering you on!

Adjil said...

This is going to be a fun night, to be sure!

I better get started working on my list...