Sunday, July 27, 2008

On the subject of Turning Left

Many of my friends don't get it. "Why would I want to watch a bunch of cars turn left for four hours?"

NASCAR is a sport that you get or you don't. If you think it is just turning left, you have missed the point. The strategy, the teamwork, the communication all has to come together to have any success in the sport.

And for me, a personal touch. I wrote two weeks ago about my incredible experience with my dear high school friend at the NASCAR race in Chicago. Now my friend has gone big league, with today's JTG Racing debut at the most famous track of them all - Indy.

(Update: Marcos Ambrose finished a respectable 22nd after having to start at the back of the pack after an engine change.)

As I travel cyberspace. I find more and more "converts" to the sport, but there are still those out there who just don't get it. That's okay. There are a lot of things I don't get either. Like fishing.

Can't say good night here... it's daytime!

Yours truly,
Johnny Blogger

No comments: