Wednesday, July 30, 2008

On the subject of a Full Day

How can I have time to blog when there is real life to take care of?

Call it my Bloggee break.

I had my first extended meeting with a new motion graphics designer who is coming on to help my company with its growing portfolio of projects. It will be very nice to have a hungry, creative, cool individual to work with. It will also take some getting used to as I will be sharing the office I have held as a solo for so long. 

Design time for television this afternoon with authoring the look for some broadcasts my company is beginning this fall. I used to draw this exact kind of thing as a doodle when I was growing up.

SIDE NOTE: The only time I was disciplined in a major manner in high school was for doodling. A teacher threw me out of class after seeing I was doodling. Wow. I wonder where she is now. Last I heard of her, she was seen on an illicit affair with a Congressman (really)

Tonight, it's softball time where my company team vies for sole possession of first place. We are in a four way tie for first, with one of the teams being the team we are playing tonight.

Later - it's the night I have been waiting for literally for months. It's the Improv meets Karaoke night with a reunion of my old improv class. I have missed them all greatly, so it will be incredible seeing them again. I have some surprises for this performance in store.

Best of all, my better half will be making a rare appearance at one of these events as we have made arrangements for the kids to have sleepovers. I know the wife won't sing, but I hope she enjoys seeing the "unfiltered" me, as that is what she will get plenty of tonight.

One last note. Congratulations to one of my new classmates, who is now an old classmate. Rosie, who has always wanted to work full time in the theatre, has accepted a position in Austin, Texas. Yaaaay! I am sad she's leaving, and jealous that she's getting to go to Texas and I am not, but happy for her none the less!

I am sure Karaoke will be the highlight of the next blog... so until then.

Good night, Amy. Time to go to Rehab. No? No! NO?!?

Yours truly,
Johnny Blogger

No comments: