Wednesday, July 2, 2008

On the subject of Losing Something Familiar

They are gone.

They brought me to a new life nearly 15 years ago.

They gave me the first memory of attending a championship game, albeit I was rooting for the other team at the time.

They gave me memories of magic carpets, down strokes, Reign men and the Glove.

They introduced me to a golden girl named Emmy.

They threw birthday parties I could share with a coach.

They were my life for many years, my schedule, my days, and even the timing of my wedding, all determined by them.

And now they are gone.

Sadly, I lost touch with them in recent years. Real life became more interesting, as slowly they changed into something with which I was not familar.

They begin moving tomorrow, and while I will not miss them that much, I will miss what they gave me.

Good night, Sonics.

Yours truly,
Johnny Blogger

No comments: