Thursday, July 17, 2008

On the subject of Motivation

Looking around my office.

There's a library of 19 CD's waiting for me on that shelf over there on the subject of motivation.

There's a list of things that I need to get done before the football and volleyball season begins.

There's a picture of me when I was nine years old and I still cared about who wins and who loses.

There are seven golden ladies named Emmy that might need company.

There are four really cool art boards on the wall, all with faded pictures on them, and a box of blank photo paper on my desk.

There is my favorite team picture of the Husky Gymnastics team with that funny guy in the front on the computer. I miss them.

There is a certificate of award for Service to Sports, unselfishly rendered, from my school. I need to get in touch with some classmates especially after last week's experience with my high school best friend.

There's a white board with out of date projects on it.

There's a poster for Studio 60, the last show I watched for the writing, which reminds me that Steve and I have to finish the script we've been working on.

There's an artistic sculpture of a Dad with a kid on his shoulders, which reminds me to spend more time with my kids. But do they want to spend time with me?

There's a bottle of water that is half empty and another in the refrigerator, both of which I need to finish by the end of the day.

There's so much to do, and seemingly so little time.

Time to get some motivation. Is there a store where I can pick some up?

Good night, calendar. I see you sneaking up on me.

Yours truly,
Johnny Blogger

No comments: