Sunday, August 10, 2008

On the subject of Taking Time

Sometimes to make the most of your time, you have to take time to make the most of you.

Nothing profound there, but tomorrow morning, I am turning off the alarm, and my son is in on the deal.

My wife and daughter are in the midst of a seven day cruise to Alaska. This morning, my wife's usual 7:30 alarm shook me out of bed. I actually needed to get up today for a long day at work, so it was okay for today.
-----------
Tomorrow is another day, and I am going to recharge. So don't call me early, the phone won't ring. E-mails will wait until 10 or so. Life will get back to full speed, after I slow down for just a night.

I am sure you have a similar story, so I hope you have some recharge time as well.

Good night, shutting off the alarm with a bang!

Yours truly,
Johnny Blogger

Morning update:
Big time nightmare... doing windsprints in gym class... So much for the plan. 6 AM... wake up. Can't turn off. Turn on Olympics. Turn on music that my parents used to listen to (elevator music.) Dose off. Dog needs to be let out. Up again at 7:30. Give up plan. Go to see if Son wants to get up for camp at 8. He decides he wants to sleep more and rolls over. He wakes up at 9:30. Looks like he learned my lesson. And by the way, my wife's alarm clock went off at 7:30, and I don't know how to shut it off, so I just plugged in some headphones on it to silence it. Guess it's just going to be a running joke while she relaxes on her cruise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you find that zen place that will let you finally relax... and recharge.

I just sent my son off for a week in Canada with his grandparents.
I don't have time off, but I do work overnights so I'll have the days to try to catch up on sleep... maybe. :)