Monday, August 4, 2008

On the subject of Power Outage

Fight the power. I did all day. 

It fought back, and I lost big time.

Call it a case of the Mondays. (Insert Office Space reference here.)

My usually trusty editing computer was acting like the printer in that comedy classic. Thankfully, I could figure out the problem, albeit taking two hours to troubleshoot.

I just could not get going. I have lists upon lists of things to do, and a deadline heading towards me like a train coming down the track. Right now, the train's probably in the station, just waiting for the time it will steam into my life, but it's there... oh yes - it's there.

And now I have come to the end of my day, and felt the need to put it into words. Appropriately, the power meter on my MacBook says I have just a few minutes to finish the task. I am too tired to plug in.

Perhaps a new day will bring better luck, or better energy. Less surfing, more doing. Less daydreaming, more meeting.  I am tired, yet optimistic.

I hear that train a coming!

Good night, sleep. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Yours truly,
Johnny Blogger




No comments: