Friday, January 23, 2009

On the subject of Mystery and History

This week will forever be remembered for two things for me. First the mystery. They examined my head and found nothing... insert joke here.

I went in for a Cat Scan as mentioned in the previous post, and the results did not show any real symptoms of why my head has been in such pain for two weeks. The mystery remained.

In cyberspace though, mention something is wrong, and the good words just flow in, and for me, it was just the right medicine. Did my head hurt any less? No. Did my heart fill with the joy of people thinking of me? Yes! Yes! Yes!

But while my ailments took center stage, people all around me were dealing with change, and that is where the history part arrives.

You might have thought that History would be signified by the Inauguration of our new President. Okay, I will give you that one. However, some of my friends, both close and of the Facebook type, found themselves out of a job or on the brink. While the nation finds hope, some of my friends find despair.

Truth is, both the mystery and the history converge into this incredible time we live in. One can only hope that when we all look back, the mystery will give way to the history. Hope will give way to realization... in a good way.

One final note. I read the following passage on a television industry newsletter which combines the two themes from today: "In a stationwide meeting Wednesday, employees were told that much lower ad revenues than expected are projected in the coming year."

Let's take a closer look at that. What is expected is now projected. We are guessing now what to expect? I guess that I am going to think that this will happen. I used to think that "expectations" were a problem, but now we making projections that those expectations were going to happen.

So with that in mind, I am hereby projecting that expectations of thoughts on the potential future posts of this blog shall be of a nature that could approach critical on either a good or bad note.

The mystery meets the history.

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone... and here's hoping your mysteries are history!

Yours truly,
Johnny Blogger

No comments: