Thursday, January 29, 2009

On the subject of 25 Random Facts

There is a viral game going through Facebook which "forces you" to reveal 25 random facts about yourself. Okay, force is a strong word, but it was a fun exercise in self-realization.

I thought I would share the post here as well... so enjoy 25 random facts about Yours truly, Johnny Blogger. (I can already hear the comments about number 2 rolling in right now.)

1. My favorite color is blue, and to be exact, the shade of cobalt blue, although I won't share where I got the name of the color of the shade from... too embarrassing.
2. The first record album I ever bought with my own money was Helen Reddy's "I am Woman." I know, embarrassing.
3. I was the only one to receive a standing ovation at my school's graduation honors day. Probably the proudest moment of my life.
4. My son and my mom share the same initials. As a matter of fact, the last conversation I ever had with my mom when she was alive was about that very fact.
5. I took an entry level job making 18K a year at age 30 so I could stay in the television business.
6. I never dated anyone from my hometown when I was in high school. Both my junior and senior year girl friends were both from New Jersey.
7. The only time I ever got so drunk I had a hangover was in 1982 in El Paso, Texas courtesy of the hotel bar which was playing new wave music. Thanks Steve!
8. I have never played soccer, but have done play by play for more different pro soccer teams than any other sport I have announced. (Dallas Sidekicks, Washington Diplomats, Washington Stars, Baltimore Bays, Seattle Seadogs, Seattle Sounders)
9. My wrestling stage name was Craig Johnson. I was an announcer in Texas and appeared on over 300 ESPN Wrestling shows. At the same time, I appeared uner my real name doing a show that aired immediately before the wrestling show.
10. I have seen Paula Poundstone do standup twice, and Pat Benatar sing 8 times, but both still are nothing like the 55 times I have seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
11. The presets on my XM are 80's, 90's, 20 on 20, The Blend, BBC Radio 1, Pop2K, The Strobe, The Groove, Soultown and Classic Rewind.
12. While my kids travel one mile to their school, and will have an even shorter trip to high school, my bus trip to school took 45 minutes and included two states and a territory (Maryland, DC and Virginia.)
13. I wore Jordache jeans in high school, and believe I was the only one in my school to own a pair of designer jeans.
14. I had a mustache in college and kept it until I got glasses in the late 80's.
15. My wife and I used to have a routine on Saturday nights after I would work a Husky game watching Trading Spaces, While You Were Out and What Not to Wear... and during the week, we would watch Changing Rooms and the British Version of What Not to Wear.
16. My high school career basketball statistics. 2 Points. 22 Minutes Played.
17. My dogs throughout my life have been named Gregory, Beau. Maverick, Cubby and Bear.
18. My grandfather's signature was on the dollar bill back in the late 40's and early 50's.
19. My first car was a Toyota Celica, blue, with bumper stickers from two different radio stations called Q107 as well as an SMU Mustang Mania sticker and a "Catch the Spirit" Saint Stephen's School sticker, which I happened to have designed.
20. I do a blog that was inspired by the wonderment of Facebook and all the relationships one can have in cyberspace. It does not take on that subject every time, but it does give me a good release (and is the reason why I am actually enjoying writing this...)
21. If I was to have done something different in my life, I probably would have been a lawyer and gone into politics.
22. The place I want to go before I die is Australia.
23. I met my wife on a blind date when we were set up because we were both tall. We set our wedding date within a month after meeting each other, and sure enough, we were married on the date we picked.
24. My karaoke theme song is "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse even though I have not had a drop of alcohol since sipping champagne at my wedding in 1994.
25. My favorite TV channel is never the same... among the past ones have been Speed, ESPN, Bravo, VH1 Classic, TLC and BBC America.

Hoping you have forgotten number 2 by now,

Yours truly,
Johnny Blogger

1 comment:

Frank McCaffrey said...

I got one of these 25 random facts thing on my facebook page. Funny thing is, it was hard to think of 25 random things.