Wednesday, January 28, 2009

On the subject of Larry King

I received this comment today.

"Larry,I saw you last night and you were in fine form, you are better then this. You are like an aging rocker phoning it in.Maybe you can do duets with past posts."

Well, in light of this elaborate critique, here comes a plethora of three dot thoughts - Larry King Style!

Will the last one out of business please turn off the lights? Does anyone believe that all the jobs being cut will lead to some bigger profits for the companies doing it... kind of like when the price of gas went up as did the money in the pockets of the oil companies?

Now that most of America celebrated for a week, will we go back to bickering? One look at Washington, DC today says yes.

Saw Paul Blart, Mall Cop over the weekend... actually a funny movie. Kevin James is a much more friendly person than Adam Sandler, who produced the movie. Works with James, wouldn't with Sandler.

Why is it I can have 200 channels on my TV and find a commercial on every one if them?

It's cold in Seattle, and it's the hottest it has been in 100 years in Australia. Blimey!

One of my best friends is about to be a new dad at age 45... good luck with playing catch when he/she is a teenager... still happy for him.

Just started working with the Rat City Rollergirls. Do you suppose that I will be allowed to be Facebook friends with any of them? Actually, I already am apparently.

Why does British radio play a better range of songs than American? And for my money, anyone who doesn't have XM or Sirius or Sirius XM is sentenced to commercial hell at 26 and 54 past each hour - no matter what station they are listening to.

What is it about some companies that they are just made up of people that are just plain mean? Why would anyone want to work for those people?

When will I be able to write a question and remember to put a question mark after it instead of a period?

I am going to try to become a sports season ticket holder for the first time since the 80's. It's a lot of money to spend, but I am hoping it will allow me to become a fan again. I hope it will also give me some quality time with my son or daughter when I take them.

Blogging used to be an obesssion, now it is something I enjoy only when I don't feel busy... otherwise it becomes an obligation.

I don't drink, and I don't tend to party, but I sure did miss a great time at the recent convention for my trade. Wish I could have been there... especially for Karaoke!

Speaking of karaoke, my wige and I are hosting a Pot Luck and Karaoke party and in spite of inviting many people, the guest attending list is only at about 20 percent. Did I forget my deodorant or something?

Just burned my dinner... CPK Thai Chicken does not taste as good with burnt crust.

How did I end up with 242 Facebook Friends? (Hey are you one... if not, you can be!)

We have three cats now... one we have named Hall Monitor because she lives in the hall watching everyone walk by.

Super Bowl Week... yea. Um... who's playing?

Gwyneth Paltrow... could be in a top 5, but for my money, still have to give the top spot to Kate Walsh. She reminds me of someone... hmmmm. And when you turn your car on, does it return the favor? My wife says that with heated seats on a cold day, it's possible.

I'm not one for high quality video, but I am watching a sports show that is very jittery because it was done on a very low quality system.

I need a new Karaoke theme... most of the places I go to these days don't have Rehab. Although the best place ever to Karaoke does... I just can't make the drive to go there all the time. Speaking of Karaoke, I did another performance of Arnold-oke, this time at a bar near my house. It was not well received by a pair of guys who seemed to be of the redneck persuasion.

Okay... I think I have covered enough subjects to keep you wondering.

Take care all!

Yours truly,
Johnny Blogger

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Larry,
Much better, glad your wife likes the seats in your blue mobile.