Monday, March 2, 2009

On the subject of Addictive Content


It's a double whammy for you folks today, courtesy of the cybercrack known as Facebook Viral Challenges. You know the ones. Oh, if you are reading the blog, you are probably one of the people who don't have Facebook.

Viral challenges are basically a questionnaire or project that one person does. They then tag, or bring attention to other people that they want to complete the same questionnaire or project they just did. It just seems to keep going and going.
It all began with 25 random facts and grew from there. The latest couple involve a Photoshop project and another questionnaire.

First the Photoshop project. This one is kind of fun. Here are the instructions. You don't even need to be on Facebook to enjoy the creativity you can have, and you can do it more than once. The idea is to create a record album cover for your own band.

1 - Go to "wikipedia." Hit "random"

or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random

The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to "Random quotations"

or click http://www.quotatio

nspage.com/random.php3

The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to flickr and click on "explore the last seven days"

or click http://www.

flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days

Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - Use photoshop or similar to put it all together.

5 - Post it with this text in the "caption" and TAG the friends you want to join in.

And here is my result:

I added my own touch for the parental advisory, as I always like to raise the stakes in any of these things I do. If you are my Facebook friend, you can get the advisory emblem for yourself in my photo section.

Part two of this entry is 44 questions. It's a Larry King random question quiz with more insight to yours truly. Enjoy.

1. Do you like blue cheese? I have grown to like it, especially when it is paired with beef in a burger or steak.

2. Have you ever been drunk? Yes, but I haven’t had a drink since the early 90’s and even rarely before that.

3. Do you own a gun? No

4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite? Actually never a big fan of KoolAid.

5. Do you get nervous before a doctor appointment? I always think he is going to find something, and get discouraged when he doesn’t have a simple answer.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? I prefer Polish Sausages, but my wife can’t stand to be around me after I have had one..

7. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Milk with Breakfast

9. Can you do push ups? Not as many as I used to.

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring.

11. Favorite hobby? Improv

12. Do you have A.D.D.? Probably, but I never was diagnosed.

13. What's your favorite shoe? My Blue Adidas Superstars

14. Middle name? Dru

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? 1. Can’t wait to go to the improv show tonight. 2. My dogs are obnoxious. 3. Why can’t my daughter eat anything other than waffles.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, Half Pepsi/Half Diet, Milk

17. Current worry? Economy and future of the country.

18. Current hate right now? Financial fat cats who did not earn the status, but stole it.

19. Favorite bed sheets as a child? Batman

20. How did you bring in the New Year? Taking my mother in law to the emergency room to treat her broken wrist.

21. Where would you like to go? Australia

22. Name three people who will complete this? Some of my improv friends, although I am not tagging anyone. I like for people to discover these and want to do them for themselves.

23. Do you own slippers? Yes, I misplace them all the time.

24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? A blue adidas soccer goalie shirt

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Not since the 80’s

26. Can you whistle? Yes and I can do a perfect SMPTE TV Tone too.

27. Favorite color? Blue (Shade: Cobalt)

28. Would you be a pirate? Nope.

29. What song do you sing in the shower? Anything on the radio or Amy Winehouse

30. Favorite girl's name? Charlotte

31. Favorite boys name? Schuyler

32. What is in your pocket right now? My very large key ring.

33. Last thing that made you laugh? A woman sitting in a massage chair at Costco who was jiggling a little much.

34. Last thing that made you cry? A story of on Real Sports about a 6 year old golf prodigy and his dad.

35. Worst injury you've ever had as a child? Bad sprain of my 4th finger on my right hand in 2nd grade.

36. Do you love where you live? I miss the South!

37. Revenge of the Nerds or Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Nerds… I actually have been the gym where they had to sleep. (Bear Down Gym at Arizona)

38. Who is your loudest friend? Me (can I be my own friend)

39. How many dogs do you have? Two – Cubby and Bear the Weiner Dogs

40. Does someone have a crush on you? I don’t know but I do think some people genuine like who I am and maybe love me, but not in a “get it on” sense.

41. What is your favorite book? Biographies.. but of all time – 1984.

42. What is your favorite candy? Sour Patch Kids

43. Favorite sports team? Washington Huskies, Seattle Sounders FC (They haven’t played a game, but I am a season ticket holder.

44. What song do you want played at your funeral? Say Goodbye to Hollywood by Billy Joel… and of course, Amazing Grace.

So there you have my latest entries. Not much of a blog post, but I do want to keep you entertained and let you know I have not fallen off the face of the earth. Just off the side of cyberspace!

And if you want more addictive content... welcome me to Twitter. IAmJonHorton. Oh god, more cybercrack! Yikes!

Yours truly,

Johnny Blogger


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Larry, What happened to the Redskins. No loyalty to the Mustangs?