Sunday, November 9, 2008

On the subject of Making Time

I wish I had 27 hours in every day. That would allow me to do everything I need to do, get some sleep and also have a couple of hours to enjoy myself with something fun.

Like right now. I am taking a short break from work. But I am doing it while double tasking. So every time you see this 8) - that means I had to go back to work and stop writing.

We spend so much time double tasking. 8) Like most of the time when I am watching TV, I am surfing the net, reading blogs and Facebooking. When a show nee 8) ds me to pay attent 8) ion I will shut down the lap 8) top and donate my eyes to the tube and my ears to the words.

At work, I will listen to the radio, and while rendering video (which is the world's greatest time waster for editors), I will take time to check in with Facebook or to see what Little Miss Notetaker, Adjil, Rosie or one of my other blogging friends has contributed to the blogosphere.

Taking time 8) to do just one thing is nearly impossible in my busy season. With kids, it's impossible. I am at work on a Sunday, and my son is standing outside my office. Even now he is asking me questions, causing me to triple task to answer, work and blog at the same time. My head is going to explode. 8)

Later today, I will be able to do just one thing, and that is hopefully be entertaining. 8) My student showcase for Improv is this evening and I am really looking forward to attempting awesomeness. Many times, I go to class with so much on my mind, between work and homelife, that I don't have my mind focused in on the task at hand - which is to be creative instantly. I am giving myself plenty of time to prepare and clear the mind of any distractions.

The pictures will be on Facebook, and who knows, videos may end up on Youtube. I'll let you know.

Until then, thespians and crowd, good night from,

Yours truly,
8) Johnny Blogger

PS - I just had to do a little quadruple tasking before I even hit publish.... anything to entertain you my blog readers!!!

No comments: